Dear editor please kindly choose the best title for this post. Regards.
- Is It Possible to Fly to Deep Dark Space Bringing an ‘Artificial Sun’?
- Is It Possible to Bring an ‘Artificial Sun’ While Taking Space Travel?
- 403 Seconds! ‘Artificial Sun’ Sets New World Record, Key Step Toward Fusion Reactor
- New World Record: ‘Artificial Sun’ Runs For 403 Seconds in Steady-State High-Confinement Plasma Operation
- 403 Seconds! ‘Artificial Sun’ Achieves Breakthrough in Sustaining Steady-State High-Confinement Plasma, Key Step Toward Fusion Reactor
The space between stars is mostly filled with inky blackness. Is it possible flying to the deep dark space with an “artificial sun”?
One of the original concepts for an “artificial sun” developed by mankind is to set up a charging station in space to provide energy for satellites.
The experimental advanced superconducting tokamak (EAST), or the Chinese “artificial sun”, achieved a steady-state high confinement plasma operation for 403 seconds on April 12, a key step toward the development of a fusion reactor.
As opposed to fossil fuels such as coal, oil, and natural gas, which are in limited supply and have great environmental impact, the “artificial sun” requires raw materials that are almost unlimited on earth. Fusion energy is considered safer and cleaner, and therefore the ideal “ultimate energy” for the future of humanity.