The Abu Dhabi Police have shared traffic rules for the upcoming UAE National Day celebrations. Here are 10 safety tips for drivers:
- Decorations on vehicles should not change their colors, and they must not be overloaded.
- Avoid offensive phrases or inappropriate stickers on vehicles.
- Ensure front and back license plates are visible and not covered.
- Prohibit the use of any type of spray by motorists, passengers, or pedestrians.
- Reckless driving and stunts are strictly prohibited.
- Rallies are not allowed, and motorists should not obstruct traffic.
- It’s illegal to cover side windows or windshields with stickers or sunshades.
- Passengers should be safely seated, avoiding the trunk of a pickup truck or atop a car.
- Reduce speeds near pedestrian crossings, especially near parks and tourist spots.
- Motorcyclists should wear helmets and protective clothing, ensuring bike safety.
Fines for reckless driving can result in a Dh2,000 fine and 23 black points, with vehicles possibly impounded for 60 days. Avoid getting out of windows or sunroofs. Using sprays on pedestrians can lead to fines. Throwing waste from vehicles can result in a Dh1,000 fine and 6 black points.