The UAE Green visa is intended specifically for people who desire to relocate to the UAE without being bound to a particular employer. The UAE’s Green visa permits its holder to five years of self-sponsorship without the need for a sponsoring employer or UAE national.
The goal of this new visa, according to Abu Dhabi Residents Office (ADRO), is to open up the job market and draw exceptional talent to the UAE. Compared to individuals who have a conventional residence visa, it not only offers a long-term residency solution but also additional advantages to the visa holder’s family.
Who is qualified to obtain this visa?
A Green visa can be applied for by skilled workers, independent contractors, and freelancers.
Benefits of the Green Visa No longer requires a job to live in the UAE.
Sons up to the age of 25 and unmarried daughters of any age are eligible for sponsorship. After the 5-year validity period expires, the Green Visa also provides an additional grace period of six months.
Application requirements for independent contractors or self-employed individuals
A freelance/self-employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources is required for those who are self-employed or freelance. A bachelor’s degree or a specialised certification must be emiratized.Proof of two years’ worth of self-employment income totaling at least AED 360,000, or evidence that they have maintained their financial stability throughout their time in the UAE.
Application requirements for skilled workers
- a legitimate employment contract is required. According to the Ministry of Human Resources, it should fall under the first, second, or third occupational level categories.
- possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum.
- possess a monthly salary of at least 15,000 AED.
Investor application requirements
- ICP approval of the investment in accordance with the investors’ rating system.
- Investment proof: The total invested amount will be determined in accordance with the number of licences the investor or partner possesses.
- approval from local authorities that are qualified.
Cost and the Green Visa procedure
- You can download the GDRFA-Dubai application or visit www.gdrfad.gov.ae.
- Create a brand-new user profile.
- Choose the necessary service. – Issuance of an admission permit under the admission Permissions for a green dwelling
- Click the appropriate subcategory: Work as a freelancer, partner, investor, or expert
- Include the necessary documentation.
- Pay the service’s requisite fees (2,280 dirhams).
- Send the request in