Turkey has emerged as an attractive destination for individuals seeking employment opportunities due to its captivating culture, warm hospitality, and breathtaking landscapes. If you are considering working in Turkey, it is essential to understand the process of obtaining a work visa and work permit. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the steps and requirements involved in applying for a work visa in Turkey.
Types of Work Visas in Turkey:
Depending on the nature of your employment, there are various types of work visas available in Turkey. These include work visas for general employment purposes, assigned lecturers/academics, assigned sportspersons, assigned artists, assigned free zone workers, assigned journalists, and montage and repairman purposes. Each visa type has specific eligibility criteria and documentation requirements.
Requirements for a Turkey Work Visa:
To ensure a smooth application process for a Turkey work visa, it is important to gather the following necessary documents:
- Valid Passport or Travel Document: Your passport or travel document should have a validity of at least 6 months from the intended arrival date in Turkey.
- Turkey Work Visa Application Form: Complete the Turkey work visa application form accurately and legibly with all the required information.
- Employer’s Letter: Obtain a letter from your prospective employer in Turkey, stating details such as job position, duration of employment, and salary. The letter should be written on official company letterhead and include the employer’s contact information.
- Additional Documents: Other supporting documents may include recent photographs, police clearance certificate, job offer/contract, diploma/provisional graduation equivalency certificate (with certified translation), health insurance, proof of accommodation in Turkey (rent agreement or proof of real estate property ownership), financial solvency, and booked flight tickets.
Turkey Work Visa Application Procedure:
The application process for a Turkey work visa cannot be completed online and must be done in person at the Turkish consular office in your country of residence. Follow these steps:
- Fill out the Visa Application Online Form: Complete the online visa application form with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Schedule Your Visa Appointment: Arrange an appointment with the nearest Turkish consular office according to the available time slots.
- Visit the Turkish Consular Office: Attend the scheduled appointment at the designated Turkish consular office in your country.
- Submit Your Documents: Submit all the required documents, including the completed application form, passport, employer’s letter, and any additional supporting documents.
- Attend the Interview: You may be required to attend an interview to further discuss your employment and visa application details.
Processing Time, Validity, and Cost of Turkey Work Visa:
The processing time for a Turkey work visa application by the Turkish Ministry of Labor and Social Security usually takes a maximum of 30 days. Once issued, the work visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, during which you must enter Turkey.
The cost associated with obtaining a Turkey work visa varies depending on the visa type and your nationality. Generally, the expenses range from approximately USD 140 to USD 420. It is advisable to contact the Turkish consular office in your region for accurate information regarding the specific costs involved.
Acquiring a work visa in Turkey is a crucial step for individuals seeking employment opportunities in this fascinating country. By following the detailed steps outlined in this guide and ensuring that all the required documents are in order, you can navigate the application process successfully. Embark on your journey towards a rewarding career in Turkey, where cultural experiences and professional growth await you.