Make your living in UAE more secure by signing Up the Unemployment Insurance Scheme initiated by The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MoHRE). The scheme is essential for both public and private sector workers.
Make sure to sign up by 30th June and follow the instructions given below.
You have to sign up at the following.
- The website of Involuntary Loss of Employment (ILOE).
- The smart application of ILOE.
- Kiosk machines.
- Bank ATMs.
- Money Exchange Companies.
- Business Service centers.
- Etisalat and du, SMS
How it Works
The unemployment insurance project is based on two categories.
- The first category includes those with a basic pay package of 16000 Dhs or less. The insurance cost is 5 Dhs / month or 60 Dhs / year.
- The second category includes those with pay packages of more than 16000 Dhs. The cost of insurance is 10 Dhs / month or 120 Dhs / year.
The insurance policy’s value is dependent on the value-added tax (VAT). The employee can make the payments monthly, half-yearly, quarterly, or on a per year basis. Moreover, the commission-based employees can also sign up for the policy.
If you do not sign up for the insurance policy, you can be fined 400 Dirhams. The fine for non-subscription is Dhs400. However domestic helper pensioners, investors, under 18 children, and those on temporary employment contracts are not included.