Monday, April 15, 2024

More than 2 Million Cases Pending in Courts in Pakistan: Report

According to a report from the Law and Justice Commission of Pakistan, the number of cases waiting to be heard in courts has gone up by 3.9% in the last half of 2023. Now, there are a huge 2.26 million cases waiting to be resolved.

Most of these cases, around 82%, are in district courts, while the rest, about 18%, are in higher courts like the Supreme Court and high courts.

Even though the courts managed to solve 2.30 million cases during this time, the number of pending cases still went up. This is because new cases keep getting filed, especially civil cases which make up a big part of the backlog.

Related Articles

Latest Articles