According to a report, an independent policy in Australia, The Lowy Institute’s think tank had ranked Pakistan on 69th place for the performance for fighting against the COVID-19 outbreak.
As per the Institute’s COVID-19 Performance Index, our country Pakistan is at the place of 69th and it is far better than the rank of Belgium that is 72, France is at place of 73, Turkey is at 74, Netherlands is at 75, Russia is at 76, Spain at 78, Bangladesh at 84, India at 86, United States at 94, Iran at 95, Mexico at 97, and the Brazil at 98.
98 countries are there in the COVID-19 Performance Index. The country China, from where this coronavirus initiated or emerged was not included in the index just because of a lack of availability of data on testing. However, Lowy Institute has only compiled the COVID-19 Performance Index as on the basis of these following indicators.
- Total number cases confirmed
- Total confirmed deaths by COVID-19
- Confirmed total cases of people as per million
- The confirmed total deaths as per million people
- The confirmed total cases just as a proportion of the tests
- The tests occurred as per the thousand people
The top 10 performers who are fighting brilliantly against this virus on the Performance Index are:
- New Zealand
- Sri Lanka