Belgium, a picturesque European destination, has opened its doors to international students with a plethora of scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025. These fully funded scholarships, offered by Belgium’s Ministry of Education, encompass undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs, making it an attractive option for students worldwide. Here’s your chance to explore Belgium without the hassle of IELTS exams and with most expenses covered.
Why Choose Belgium for Your Studies?
Belgium, nestled amidst France, the Netherlands, and Germany, offers an ideal academic environment. It focuses significantly on international students’ scholarship opportunities, making it an enticing study abroad destination.
- Belgium Government Scholarships: The Belgium Government extends a warm welcome to international students by offering 220 fully funded scholarships each year. These scholarships are available for master’s degree programs and short courses in Belgium. If you hail from a developing country, you’re eligible for this opportunity. The benefits include full tuition fees, a monthly grant, accommodation expenses, airfare tickets, and other financial support.
- VLIR-UOS Scholarship Program: Considered one of the finest scholarship programs in Belgium, VLIR-UOS accepts 31 international students annually to study at Flemish universities or colleges. This scholarship covers full tuition fees, a monthly grant, accommodation expenses, airfare tickets, and additional support.
- ARES Scholarships Program: Ideal for students seeking a one-year specialization degree or advanced training lasting 4-6 months in Belgium. This program admits 150 international students for master’s programs and 70 for advanced training courses.
- Master Mind Scholarship by the Government of Flanders: The Government of Flanders also offers scholarships to international students. The Master Mind Scholarship is available to foreign students pursuing master’s degrees. Approximately 30-40 international students are awarded this scholarship annually.
Universities Without IELTS in Belgium:
Several universities in Belgium allow students to study without IELTS, making it even more accessible:
- Ghent University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- University of Antwerp
- Hasselt University
How to Study in Belgium Without IELTS?
Belgium universities offer a straightforward pathway for students to be exempt from IELTS requirements. If you’ve completed your previous degree in an English language institute, you can study in Belgium without IELTS. Applicants can apply with an English Language Proficiency Certificate as evidence of their previous education being in English. This certificate must be an official declaration or certificate printed on headed and stamped paper.
Belgium’s commitment to welcoming international students, coupled with these attractive scholarship opportunities and the flexibility of studying without IELTS, makes it a top choice for students from around the world, including Pakistan. Don’t miss out on this chance to pursue your academic dreams in a vibrant European setting.