Dubai, known for its bustling transportation system, offers job opportunities for foreigners as taxi drivers. The earning potential for taxi drivers in Dubai depends on the number of hours worked per month. Here is a breakdown of the earnings, requirements, and the licensing process for becoming a taxi driver in Dubai.
Earnings as a Taxi Driver:
- Full-time drivers can earn between AED 3,200 and AED 7,350 per month, equivalent to approximately AED 30 per hour if working 8 hours a day for 30 days.
- Foreigners working as taxi drivers individually, for a company, or for the Dubai government can earn between AED 3,000 and AED 5,000 per month.
Dubai Taxi Driver Permit:
- To pursue taxi driving jobs in Dubai, a Dubai Taxi Driver Permit is required.
- An application fee of around AED 200 must be paid at the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) Dubai.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Generally, individuals can drive a taxi in Dubai until the age of 60. After that, a physical and eyesight examination is required to renew the Dubai driving license.
- To qualify for Dubai’s RTA permit, one needs to pass the Dubai driving foundation test, hold a UAE driving license (LTV), provide sponsor details, and present a non-criminal certificate.
Dubai/UAE Driving License:
A valid UAE driving license for a light motor vehicle (LTV) is a prerequisite for applying for a taxi driving permit in Dubai.
The application process includes submitting necessary documents such as a passport or ID, two photographs, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the sponsor, an eyesight and physical fitness certificate, the application fees, and a copy of the UAE residence permit or visa.
Application Fees for a UAE Driving License:
The application fees for a UAE driving license range from AED 100 to AED 300, depending on the age of the applicant. Additional fees include a knowledge and innovation fee of AED 20 for Dubai’s driving license and a delivery fee of AED 15.
Becoming a taxi driver in Dubai offers a potential source of income for foreigners who meet the necessary qualifications and hold a Dubai driving license. By following the requirements and obtaining the Dubai Taxi Driver Permit, individuals can pursue a career in taxi driving, contributing to Dubai’s robust transportation system.