If you are a UAE based expatriate resident, you now have the opportunity to apply for a Saudi electronic tourist visa, commonly known as an eVisa. The Ministry of Tourism in Saudi Arabia announced this option on March 9, allowing all expats in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, irrespective of their profession, to apply for the eVisa. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Saudi eVisa online, including eligibility criteria, required documents, and the application process.
Eligibility for the eVisa
To ensure eligibility for the Saudi eVisa, GCC residents must meet the following conditions:
- The residency document should be valid for at least three months.
- The passport must have a minimum validity of six months.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older if traveling without their parents.
Applicants need to provide the following documents while applying for the Saudi eVisa
- A recent passport-sized photograph with a white background.
- A copy of the passport containing personal information and photo.
- A copy of the UAE residence visa page.
- Information on all countries visited within the last five years.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for the Saudi eVisa
Create an Online Account
- Visit the link Visa.Mofa
- Click on Register under the Login Of Individual Visitors To Saudi Arabia category.
- Provide your email address, create a password, confirm it, and enter the captcha code.
- Activate your account by clicking on the link sent to your email.
- Login with your new account and enter the captcha code.
Create a New Visa Application
- After logging in, click on ‘Add a new application.’
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
Fill out the Saudi eVisa Application for GCC Residents
Fill in the application form with the following details:
- Select visa type: Tourist
- Select transport mode: Air, land, sea, or open
- Select the Saudi Mission: Dubai
Enter personal information
- First and last name
Enter UAE residence visa details
- Residence visa number (Unified Number)
- Expiry date of UAE residence visa
- Select issuing country: UAE
- Upload a passport sized photograph
- Upload a copy of your passport
- Upload a copy of your UAE residence visa
- Passport number
- Issuing country
- Date of expiry
- Date of birth
- Passport type: Normal
- Date of issue
- Place of birth
- Marital status
- Address in Saudi Arabia
Enter Travel Date and Select Visa Type
- Select the port of entry (Jeddah, Al Madinah, Riyadh, Dammam, or Dhahran).
- Enter the expected entry date.
- Select the tourist visa type (single or multiple).
- Specify if you intend to perform Umrah.
- Fill in your email address and mobile number.
- Choose a health insurance coverage provided by Saudi health insurance providers, considering the associated costs.
- Pay for the eVisa using a debit or credit card.
Receive the Saudi eVisa
Upon completing the application process, you can track the status of your eVisa application using the provided link Visa.Mofa. If your visa is approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), you will receive the eVisa via email. It is advisable to keep both a hard copy and a digital version of the visa when traveling.
Duration of Stay in Saudi Arabia
The duration of stay in Saudi Arabia depends on the type of visa you apply for
- This visa is valid for one year from the date of issuance, allowing a stay of up to 90 days in Saudi Arabia.
- This visa is valid for three months from the date of issuance, allowing a stay of up to 30 days in Saudi Arabia.
- It is important to note that submitting an application does not guarantee visa approval. The MOFA will review each application before granting the visa.
- In case the eVisa application is rejected due to not meeting the requirements, the application fee is non-refundable.
Cost of the Saudi eVisa for GCC Residents
The cost of the eVisa for GCC residents is 300 Saudi riyals (Dh293.25). Additionally, there will be a cost associated with the selected health insurance coverage. The total cost will vary based on the chosen insurance plan.
Applying for the Saudi eVisa as a UAE-based expat has become convenient and accessible. By following the step by step process outlined above, you can successfully apply for the eVisa online. Remember to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria, gather the necessary documents, and make the required payment. Obtaining the Saudi eVisa opens up opportunities to visit family and friends, explore the country, and perform Umrah outside the Hajj season. Enjoy your journey to Saudi Arabia!