Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology (GIK) has recently announced the Undergraduate Admission for Fall 2021. The deadline for online submission of applications is July 04, 2021.
According to the announcement, Computer-based online entry tests will be conducted at Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta & Rawalpindi. GIK Institute has also announced a 100% increase in scholarships to be paid by itself. Efforts are on for increase in the other scholarships also including those paid by provinces to their students at GIK. All the information regarding the admissions, scholarships, fee structures, eligibility criteria, and other details are available on the official website of the GIK Institute. Admissions are made on merit there being any quota.
GIK Institute is known for its quality education where the students get the opportunity to excel not only in Pakistan but worldwide because it has been ranked amongst the top 30 universities globally, according to the Times Higher Education impact ranking list.
28 vibrant student societies are successfully making the university proud by making significant contribution for social and extracurricular activities. In the competitions, GIKians excel in performance and win numerous awards at national as well as International level.
Bachelor of Science (BS)
Students can apply for various BS programs offered to the undergraduates that include:
Computer Science and Engineering
- Highly specialized foreign-qualified faculty
- Industry oriented modern curriculum
- Specialization electives in Blockchain, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Web Engineering & DevOps, etc.
- Excellent employment rate of computer science related program graduates
- State-of-the-art laboratories with the latest equipment
- GIK Alumni have pursued their higher education from the top-ranked universities like MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, and Oxford, etc.
- The honor of winning around 70% of the total top Institute level medals
- The major thrust areas in FEE include:
- Communication Systems and Digital Signal Processing
- Electrical Power and Control Systems
- Electromagnetic Waves and Antennas
- Microelectronics and Semiconductor Devices
- High Voltage Power Engineering
- Unique inter-disciplinary engineering program in the country
- High rate of quality research output
- Highly qualified faculty holding international prizes, medals, and patents
- Leading the country in research in Efficient Energy Storage, Simulation-based Study of LEDs, and Organic Solar Cells
- Thrust Areas includes Photonics Stream, Semiconductors and Microelectronics Stream, and Modeling and Simulation
Materials and Chemical Engineering
- Experienced and Foreign qualified Faculty
- State of the art labs
- Industrial collaboration with Engro Fertilizer, Attock oil refinery, and Dynea Chemicals
- Ongoing Funded Research Projects, worth ~ 40 million PKR
- State of the art materials characterization facilities
- Only BS Mechanical Engineering program with 4 years of Leve-II (OBE based) accreditation by PEC
- ISO:9001:2015 certified
- Established country’s first lab for research on “Natural Fluids” as refrigerants
- Significant contribution made in Design and Manufacturing, Thermo-Fluids, System Dynamics and Controls, and Computational Mechanics, among others.
- Foreign qualified faculty
- One of the very few Management (Business) Schools in Pakistan providing specialized education in Supply Chain Management
- Supporting Entrepreneurial activities through University Incubation Centre and industrial linkages
- Most dynamic, vibrant, and thriving student community
- Nine fully equipped labs with most modern equipment that cater for all fields of civil engineering
- Civil Engineering Department has one of the most advanced high capacity UTM all over Pakistan
- Mostly foreign faculty qualified faculty passionately working on contemporary issues in civil engineering covering major fields of civil engineering including:
- Structural engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Transportation and highway engineering
- Construction engineering
- Environmental Engineering