Pakistani students are invited to apply for the Deanship of Graduate Studies Scholarship offered by King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals. This is a fully funded opportunity for MS and PhD graduate programs.
Excellent graduate students demonstrating the potential for conducting innovative research in Sciences, Engineering, and Business must apply. University has collaborated with distinguished international institutions including Standford, MIT, KAUST, Technical University of Munich, and others.
The scholarship provides enormous benefits including:
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- Monthly stipend.
- Medical and health insurance
- Stationery and books allowance.
- Research grants.
- Once-a-year round-trip tickets.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply through the online portal which opens twice every year.
- Open the online portal on the official website of the university.
- Select the programs you intend to apply for. Students can check the list of eligible programs available on the website.
- Create the account and then log in to the system.
- Fill in all the sections of the portal.
- Upload all the mandatory and supplementary documents.
- Once, you have checked everything, submit the application.
The mandatory documents needed are the following.
- Copy of Passport.
- Bachelor’s degree for students applying for MS, and Master’s degrees for students applying for PhD.
- Academic transcripts.
- A 1-page statement of purpose focusing on research goals and career objectives at KFUPM.
- Recommendation letters from your university professors.
- GMAT score is mandatory for MBA applicants.
IELTS with a minimum of 6 (MS) and 6.5 bands (PhD) for TOEFL with a minimum of 68 iBT (MS) and 79 iBT (PhD) can be uploaded as a supporting document. In addition, the GRE General score is also not mandatory.
The eligibility criteria for all graduate courses except MBA is the following.
- A minimum CGPA of 3 / 4 is required for Bachelor’s and Master’s (for PhD). Ph.D. students must check that their undergraduate and graduate degrees are equivalent to KFUPM.
The eligibility criteria for the MBA program is the following.
- A minimum of 2.5 CGPA out of 4 is required for the MBA program.
- An acceptable GMAT score of 450 or higher must be submitted with the application.
- The minimum score required for IELTS is 6.0 bands, and for TOEFL IBT is 70/120.
- Three years of work experience is required.
- Students must have completed a course in calculus during their undergraduate degree and have a working knowledge of computers.
The online portal opens in October every year and closes in December for the fall semester. The deadline for the spring semester is 22 June 2023.
The portal for MBA students opens only for the fall semester in December and closes in February.
It is a wonderful opportunity for Pakistani students to study in Saudi Arabia for free and gain a world-class education as well as the opportunity for futuristic research. Click on the link for more information.