The most sought-after Schengen visa that allows visa holders to visit any European Schengen state can be availed at the different costs depending upon the nationality.
You can stay for a maximum of 90 days in any European country for tourism or business purposes. However, this short-term visa includes many costs and steps to apply for it. Read out the details below!
Schengen Visa Costs
Acquiring a Schengen visa and its costs includes many components including application fees, traveling category, service charges, and others. There are multiple categories in which you can apply and the visa cost is different as per the category.
- The visa fee for adults is 80 EUR ($88).
- The cost for Children aged between 6 – 12 is 40 EUR ($44).
- The nationals of Gambia have to pay 120 EUR ($131).
- Azerbaijan and Armenia’s citizens have to pay 35 EUR ($38).
- The nationals of North Macedonia, Serbia, Moldova, Bosnia, Montenegro, Herzegovina, Albania, Georgia, and Ukraine who do not possess a biometric passport will have to pay a fee of 35 EUR ($38).
The visa costs mentioned above are subject to change and people are therefore advised to confirm from the embassy before.
The following categories are not required to pay the Schengen visa fee.
- Family members of an EU/EEA national.
- Diplomatic, official, and service passport holders en route for official purposes.
- Researchers traveling for conducting scientific research.
- Students accompanying their professors for an educational or school trip.
The visa cost may also be waived for travelers aged 25 or less who are traveling to participate in a conference, seminar, cultural, sports, or educational event organized by a non-profit organization. However, it is finalized depending on the case.
If an individual is applying via a private visa application agency like Global, VFS, or TLS, an additional fee will be applicable depending upon the nationality.
The charges for the VFS are 30.33 EUR ($33) / visa applicant residing in Dubai. The Indian nationals have to pay 32.20 EUR ($35), and Nepal residents have to pay 42.27 EUR ($47).
These private agencies schedule the appointments and manage the documents submission as well with the Schengen embassy on behalf of the individual and therefore charge additional costs for their services.
Some embassies, however, accept applications if only made through these agencies.