The globally recognized university of Canada, the University of Toronto is a leader in research and teaching. The University offers the most prestigious Lester B. Pearson scholarship for international students, providing an opportunity to study at one of the best universities in the world.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship
The scholarship program recognizes talented students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievements and leadership qualities. Students who have shown an impact on the community and expressed their future potential to contribute globally are preferred.
The award is granted to students at the undergraduate level. Each year 37 bright students are recognized as Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
The award is given for first-entry undergraduate programs and covers the following.
- Tuition fee waiver.
- Books allowance.
- Incidental fees.
- Accommodation support.
The applications for 2024 will open in September’23. In order to receive the scholarship, follow the given steps.
- The candidates must be nominated by their schools. Information regarding nomination can be taken from the school guidance counselor. If your school is not verified, it must submit an application to the university for participating in the program.
- After nomination, apply to any undergraduate program before their deadlines. Students can apply for several programs but will be considered for their first priority if awarded the scholarship
- The applicants will then be provided with a personalized link to apply for the scholarship.
The eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- Must be an international student requiring a study permit.
- The applicants at the time of applying must be in the final year of secondary school or have passed secondary school no earlier than June 2023.
- Must be able to commence their studies at the University of Toronto from September 2024.
The school nomination deadline for this year is 30 November 2023. The deadline for student OUAC application is 15th December 2023.
The deadline for the scholarship application is 15th January 2024. Click on the link to apply.