USAID has announced the merit and need-based scholarship program for flood-affected students in their undergraduate degree programs. The outrageous floods of 2022 caused unprecedented damage to life and property destroying millions of houses, people, and their livelihoods.
USAID is providing financial support to students belonging to flood-affected areas, suffering from economic difficulties, and on the verge of dropout.
The eligibility criteria are the following.
- Students enrolled second to seventh semesters of an undergraduate degree of 4 – 5 years are eligible.
- Applicants from any discipline can apply.
- Students belonging to districts/sub-districts/UC Tehsils damaged by the floods and identified by the government of Pakistan/PMDA/District Administration must apply.
Providing proof of flood damage in the form of pictures is a necessity. 50% of seats are reserved for females.
The scholarship will cover tuition fee for two semesters which includes Fall 2023 and Spring 2024. In addition, the stipend will also be provided for boarding, lodging transportation, and other academic costs for the period of two semesters.
How to Apply
Follow these steps to apply.
- Open the HEC Online Application system.
- Fill out the application form and take its printout. Now submit the form along with other supporting documents to the financial aid office of your respective universities.
- The shortlisted students will be called for an interview by the institutional scholarship award committee.
- Make sure to submit the complete form as uncompleted forms will be rejected.
It is important to note that selections will be made strictly on merit and students availing of any other funding are not eligible to apply. Moreover, students on self-finance admissions and those admitted in evening programs, two years bachelor’s, lateral degree programs, and associate programs are not eligible to apply.
Candidates must apply by 16th August 2023 to avail of the scholarship. Click on the provided link to apply!